HELIOS Integrated Widescreen Display
The HELIOS Lite (for indoor applications) and HELIOS (outdoor) Half Height WUXGA LCD displays are designed to be able to display a great deal of information from multiple sources quickly and clearly even in difficult locations where, for example, ceiling height is restricted. The design is a development of our HELIOS Lite displays which have proven themselves in service.
These displays come fully integrated with computer board, network connectivity and NALPS software.
These displays, when deployed in our custom enclosures) are very strong providing protection against accidental damage, so minimising the risk of failure caused by rough treatment. Any display size and format can be built.
The display formats can be configured as you require and can accept data not just from Tyrell (such as disruption information and safety information for drivers etc) but also from other sources including Real Time feeds such as bus and rail RTPI, web pages, RSS feeds, messages and video.
The example displays shown here each contain three distinct data areas as well as a network synchronised clock.
Technical Information (outline)
The HELIOS Half Height WUXGA Display uses an Ultra Widescreen panel (32:10) aspect ratio. Included in the design is a Nexus Alpha Low Power Systems (“NALPS”) HERMES computer running NALPS’ own PROMETHEUS application software. However any panel can be supported.
The specially developed housing is a ruggedized unit featuring a polycarbonate (or glass) protective panel and high strength casework. Vibration dampers can be fitted for on-board applications. The case is designed to be opened from the front with all internal components accessible for simpler in situ maintenance. For outdoor applications additional components are added.
- Panel options of 29” or 38” H-WUXGA (any other panel size on request).
- 900:1 contrast ratio (different panel types/sizes may vary)
- 1000 nits (different panel types/sizes may vary).
- Backlights are LED types and brightness controlled to optimise power efficiency and longevity.
- NALPS Low power (3W) HERMES computer
- Fan assisted cooling (panel face is also cooled for applications in direct sunlight)
- Environment control systems for external applications
- Protective window: glass or polycarbonate protective front window, anti-reflective coatings
Touch screen (projective capacitance type) 1
- Transflective films to enhance sunlight readability 2
- Audio: included as standard, minor additions necessary (as required) to implement fully.
1 Projected capacitance types can be used behind glass (eg shop windows) and with gloved hands
2 Transflective films can be incorporated into most LCD panels as an optional aftermarket process. This process increases readability in bright sunlight when backlighting may be inadequate