CHRONOS PTI Rail Signs
CHRONOS requires no connection to mains power and no connection to any fixed line communications. Energy is provided by the sun, and communications is over GPRS. Installation costs and any on-going costs associated with power and fixed-line communications are therefore a fraction of those for a "traditional" display.
As with our initial CHRONOS bus signs, when designing CHRONOS for rail we decided there would be no compromise in capability over a traditionally powered display. This meant:
- Information had to be available and up to date whenever services are running
- CHRONOS had to be able to support audio for compliance with The Equality Act 2010 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Comprehensive remote management capability was required
- CHRONOS had to be able to support a real time clock
- CHRONOS had to be able to display messages about service disruption
Like our bus signs, we designed the solution to work with HERMES Lite - our 0.5 Watt computer. Only in this way is it possible to offer all the features detailed above.
The flip-dot sign technology shown is also suitable for integration within shelters and existing structures, so as well as supplying a complete system we can supply a "kit of parts" and work with design partners to integrate our products and services in new and exciting ways.
Battery back up is able to ensure that the units are capable or working with no solar input for six weeks - important in the North of Scotland where snow is a regular winter occurrence.
We already have multiple European Community and US designs registered, and also have a pending UK patent application.
Our CHRONOS Rail signs can also track trains using our IRIS technology. IRIS units can also be used to detect trains at locations were customer information is not required. Both IRIS and the integrated CHRONOS/IRIS units can be solar powered.